Monday, July 18, 2011

Great Week!!!

Well it was indeed a good week this week. We were very busy and it made this week go buy super fast which was nice :). On Tuesday E. Lystrup had to go do a baptism interview but it was an hour drive away and as you all know we don’t have a car. So we went on splits with the ZL's and E. Chavez came to my area for 3 hours. It was a good little split and we were able to talk to a good amount of people who came into our paths. It was a good experience for me since I have been slowly getting more and more scared to talk to random people after E. Hunter left. Wednesday we had a leadership meeting. Normally I wouldn't be able to go to this but for some reason all of the DL's comps were told to come to this meeting :) I feel like that is how it’s going to be from now on from the way they did the meeting. Instead of having all of the Zl's to all of the trainings they had some of the DL's and their comps to some of the trainings so that was good. Then on Thursday we had service as normal :) I really enjoy service. While all of the other Elders who are there give people the food I go up to the front desk and help "Mommy" sign people in so that they can go and get food and it helps her out a lot. Friday we had DM (I hope you all remember these shortcut names) anyway DM and it was really good. We talked about Knowledge as a Christ like attribute, then receiving revelation through church attendance, then we had a role play on the new member missionary lessons that we as missionaries have been asked to teach every active member. Anyway Saturday we had a Cano-ba-que with the ward it was really fun :) what went down was there was a BBQ and canoeing! Well sadly enough E. Lystrup and I weren't able to go canoeing but we were able to partake of the delicious food that was there and play some volleyball and football with the ward members and get to know them better and hopefully have them feel more comfortable around E. Lystrup and I. Then of course there is Sunday. It was a great day. During sacrament both talks were on Prayer and how it can helps us and they were both amazing talks and I was able to pay attention for the full hour!!! WOW that's amazing for me :) I tend to get a bit sidetracked after 45 minutes or so haha. It was good though and i enjoyed it a lot. So after church happened we were able to go to a baptism later that evening for David (the person Lystrup interviewed on Tuesday) it was awesome the talks were amazing and the cookies afterword just made it all hit home :D haha well not really but they were def very delicious, sister Evans made them ;) (Mission prez's wife). Anyway this week went really well and I enjoyed it a lot I hope you all have a wonderful week and have a lot of fun since it is summer :) I love you all very much!!!

Love
Elder Camron Foust

No comments:

Post a Comment