Monday, August 15, 2011

New area.. new life‏

Hello everybody :) so i have been in Franklin Mass for the past 4 days now!  It has been an interesting experience for sure to see the difference in areas and ward members.  First of all I haven’t been in a car area for over 4 months and I haven’t driven in almost a year!  Then I get put in Franklin and all of a sudden I am the designated driver and in an area where you need to drive a decent a mount.  It was really weird driving for the first time in over a year and it took me a second to get use to it again.  It's been really cool though :) a bit weird for me still though being in a family ward again with kids and old people haha :) but it's really good for sure.  This ward from what I know is very awesome.  E. Lystrup served here for 10.5 months and he loves this area quite a lot.  So he told me about a few people and some of the things that he loved so much.  So far I’ve been impressed with the way that the wad members feed us!!!  Anyway funny story.  So the first day in my new area we went to go do service for a member in the ward who is moving soon.  E. Pestana (my new comp) got a cut on his heel Wednesday night, just before transfer meeting, and he could barley walk.  Sister White was there and once she found out that E. Pestana could barley walk she told him "once we are done here we are taking you the hospital!" So after we got done with everything we went over to her house and got her son Abe and took him with us so that we wouldn't use up any miles in our car.  Pretty much we were running around for the rest of the day.  We finally got to the hospital around 5ish and E. Pestana ended up getting 8 stitches in his heel!  It was pretty funny watching him quiver every time the doctor came into the area and let him know that he was going to get a shot to numb the pain so he could start stitching up the wound.  Anyway that was a pretty good first day I would have to say :).  Since that though we haven’t really been able to go out and do things, except go to all of the set appointments that we had.  It's been good though we have been fed every night since I’ve been here and our dinner calendar is full for the rest of the month!  Well that’s all I have to tell you for now.  I don’t know much about this place still but it has been good to me so far :) I’m excited to be here in this new place and I think I might be here for a few transfers, which I’m more then ok with :).  I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful week!

Love
Elder Camron Foust

No comments:

Post a Comment