Monday, April 11, 2011

Doc Rivers

So you might be wondering why I named this e-mail Doc Rivers.  Well let me tell you a short story.  Saturday morning we were going out to help somebody who just got married move.  We got there about 30 minutes early or so and Patrick was running a little bit late.  So the four of us, E. Hunter, E. Yim, E. Larson and I all decided to go to Starbucks and get a smoothie.  After we order our drinks we all sat down for a minute and we then see E. Yim tell E. Hunter "That's Doc Rivers!" so E. Hunter and E. Yim are all excited and Doc Rivers over heard then and was like "Hay guys how are you doin" (in a deep black voice) for those of you who don't know, Doc Rivers is the coach for the Boston Celtics B-ball team in the NBA :) so that was really cool to be able to see him :) funny enough none of us knew what to say to him.  First off I didn't know who he even was until we were out of Starbucks and E. Yim, E.Hunter froze because they were so excited.  Anyway we said good bye to him and walked outside then we were saying o crap I should have given him a pass along card.  Even funnier he didn't know who we were because we were in street clothing since we were helping somebody move and we didn't want to rip our clothing haha.  Anyway it was pretty cool to be able to see him on my mission.

Alright so some more good news.  We have a baptism set for this coming Sunday!!! WOOT!  Her name in Roxanne and she is from Portugal. I don't know much about her because I have only taught her once.  What I do know is that she is pretty much a Mormon already and just needs to be baptized.  Originally she was supposed to be baptized on the 9th but she drooped that because she wanted to inform her parents first.  Yesterday though we had a lesson with her and asked her how things were going with her parents and she said "I know I need to be baptized so when is the date" and we were just shocked and didn't really know what to say so we were like "Well we can set the date for 2 weeks from now and get everything set up" then a member we had with us, Brian, (He worked with Roxanne) said "Well why not this Sunday? is that too soon" and Roxanne was like "Alright that works for me".  So ya we now have a baptism coming up with Sunday :D WOOT!  She is way cool and already follows all the commandments.  So that is the sweet story for this week :).  Other than that things are going great and I'm learning a lot.  I'm slowly getting guess to talking to random people, but still sucky at it haha :) o well ill get there someday!  Love you all and have an amazing week!!!


Much love
Elder Camron Foust

No comments:

Post a Comment