Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Dodge Charger

So you might be wondering why the title this week is Dodge Charger.  Well you will all soon find out.  On Friday night we went to Freddy's house.  Freddy is a very spiritual man and he has his own religion.  There are only 5 members, but it's still pretty cool.  So we went there to have bible study with him and his friends/members.  The first thing we do is pray, then sing songs.  We sang for an hour!  It was cool but kind of annoying at the same time.  After about the 5th song I was ready to stop, but seeing as it wasn't my program I just kept singing with them :) it was good though they are good singers and I though I did pretty well myself.  After words Freddy read from Matthew 16 I think, and just said what he thought it meant to him and what not.  He said some really cool stuff and it seems like he has a good relationship with God, , only sad thing is he thinks that the Mormons are wrong so that's a bummer,  But he loves the missionaries and enjoys having us over whenever we like and he said that we should come back next week :) so I think we are but ya never know.  Anyway after we were finished with everything we had to go home and Freddy said o I'm going to give you guys a ride home I need to go near your house anyway.  So we thanked him and he took us to the garage.  When I saw his car my face just lit up and E. Hunters words were "You looked like a little kid on Christmas morning" haha ya I was pretty happy to see that he drove a Dodge Charger.  So ya i got to ride shotgun in a Dodge Charger on Friday and it was way sweet!

Yesterday as you all know was Patriots Day :).  I WOKE UP AT 3AM!!!!  Holy cow I was really tired the rest of the day BUT we woke up that early for a reason.  Around 545 AM they show the Lexington battle in, well, Lexington imagine that eh :) haha.  Anyway they show that, and the reason why we had to get up so early was so that we could get there around 430 and have a decent place to stand so we could actually see the battle.  Well it was pretty cool and I took a small video, but I'm def never going to do it again, that's just too early to wake up.  Afterwards a member has a big breakfast for everybody so we went there for an hour and ate.  After that the temple was open so me and about 30-40 other missionaries when to the 8:00 session :) it was really cool.  The Temple is quite amazing and you have a great feeling whenever you are in there.  Pretty excited to go to the SLC Temple here in about 18 months give or take.  When we got home from the temple it was about noon and E. Hunter and I just crashed for 3 hours haha.  We woke up around 3 then decided that we needed to cut our hair so we did.  Then we got ready to go to our dinner appointment with the Bishop and his wife :) it was a great dinner filled with Chicken, Potato, Corn, and Cornbread.  It was really good, then we went home and slept some more :).  Well that's about it for now everybody :) ill see what I can come up with next week.  Maybe something funny or spiritual ya never know just depends on what happens :) Love you all have a great week!!!
Love
Elder Camron Foust

No comments:

Post a Comment