Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Thank You!

Hello everybody!  So this entire transfer has been kind of interesting!  As you all know I was sent to a Cambodian speaking area for 4 weeks then I got moved back into an English speaking area.  We had t-txts last night and no surprise I’m staying in my new area :).  This last week has been kind of slow.  It always seams to go this way when the transfer is coming to an end.  Sometimes it is hard to keep focused when you think that you might be leaving, but we did the best we could and even had some help from the Zone Leaders!  We went on tours with the Zone Leaders on Wednesday night and it was a lot of fun.  I ended up staying in my area and Elder Kooper switched with Elder Hunter.  E. Kooper had served in my area for 3 months before he became the new ZL so it was nice that he knew what was going on for the most part seeing as I had only been in the are for a week and had/still have no idea as to what is going on.  In the morning for companion study E. Kooper and I ended up just talking to each other getting to know a bit about each other.  One thing we talked about was listening to the spirit and how it has affected us so far in the mission.  I told him that I really hadn't had any experiences because I'm still learning to decipher if the spirit is telling me stuff or if there just my thoughts.  He told me that it took him about 6-7.5 months to figure that out as well and that he finally figured out that if its a good though it doesn't really matter if its us or the spirit we should still do it even if were scared.  So fast forward a few hours we ended up talking to that person on the side of the street and I had the thought that I should give him a B.O.M. my first reaction was E. Kooper has one in his hand I don't need to offer it, but the thought came again and I remembered what E. Kooper and i had talk about earlier so I pulled out a B.O.M. and I talked a little bit about it and offered it to the guy.  What do you know the guy took it, I was really proud of my self for listening to the spirit and giving it a chance to see what would happen.  Later that day we were in the subway and we started talking with the guy who had just gotten off work who was waiting for the same train.  We talked to him for a minute and E. Kooper kept talking to him while we were on the train.  After we got off the train we started walking away and I had the thought to give him a B.O.M. but I said E. Kooper is way ahead of me and I need to catch up to him, the though came again so I was like alright I need to give this guy a B.O.M.  I walked up to him and I just said "I would like to give you this book it means a lot to us and I know that it can help you in your life".  When he took the book he gave me this look that I cant really descried, but the look was so amazing and wonderful I could just tell that the guy felt loved and was so happy that i was willing to give him something.  He told me "Thanks thanks thanks ill be sure to read from this" with the most sincere voice I have ever heard in my life.  I felt so good after words I didn't really know what to think.  It may be hard to listen to the spirit for all of us, but I know that when we listen good things will happen.  Heavily Father will never lead us astray so why shouldn't we listen to what he has to say?  I really liked that experience and it helped me a lot in my personal growth.

Well other then that the week went by really fast and it’s hard to remember what even happened haha :) time is going by so fast it's crazy!  I'll be home in no time wondering what happened in the last 2 years.  The time I have here is amazing and I want to thank Lyndi so much for pushing me in the rite direction and helping me decide to serve a mission.  I never would have thought that this experience would be so worth everything that I had to leave behind.  In a way though i didn't leave anything behind other then my family and the girl of my dreams.  Those of you who are young men and don't know if you should serve a mission or not I want to tell you rite now that it is well worth the time, effort, money, and experience.  It may seam scary at first, but before you know it you’ll be surrounded in the work and wont have much time at all to think about home.  I didn't plan on serving a mission at all really.  I had planned to be going to collage right now with my friends, but I’m so grateful again to Lyndi, and my parents for helping me along the way.  I wouldn't give this up for anything.  The experiences you have and the things you learn out here are beyond anything you could experience anywhere else.

Well that's all I got for now :) we got a new transfer and new experiences.  I want to encourage all of you to enjoy your selves.  If you are working non stop and have no time to be with the family TAKE A DAY OFF!!!  I miss being able to hang out with my friends and family and I wish I had spent more time with them :) time goes by to fast to not have fun every now and again!  :D anyway have a wonderful week and enjoy life.
 "Adam fell that men might be, and men are that they might have joy" (2 Nephi 2:25)
Have joy and love  :) no matter where you are or what you are doing!  I love you all very much and cant Wait to see you all again, but for now I’m out here having the experience of a life time and am so thankful for the opportunity that I have to be out here.  Love you all very much :)

Love always
Elder Camron Foust

No comments:

Post a Comment