Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Hopefully this works‏

Alright I just noticed I talk a lot about service in my e-mail in this area but o well its what we do here.  So here are the past two weeks of e-mails that I guess some people aren’t getting!!!!!!

Why hello there everybody!  So this week has been pretty good I must say.  For the most part though we did a heck of a lot of service, which I do enjoy.  So let’s see what days did we do service.  So Tuesday we did like we usually do with brother moore.  We cut some wood and also went and got some wood from off the top of his property.  Aslo when we were up there, E. P. showed me a swing that they had that their kids use to swing on when they were much younger.  This swing puts you WAY up in the air and is kinda scary but pretty awesom at the same time.  Then on Friday i believe we did some service as well.  We helped somebody move into a new apartment and that took up the better part of the day.  Saturday we played soem b-ball with the ward till about 12.  After that we went to the Jameson house and helped them paint the basement for a good 2 hours.  Then around 3 we went to Brother Ardiobonies place and helped him stack/move some wood around his yard and that took till about 6 and then he fed us dinner, so that took up pretty much the rest of the day.  This next week we will be having a lot of service opportunities again which I’m excited for.  We were able to teach Tom this week.  E. P. and i were trying to figure out what we should teach him, but neither of us could think of anything so we finally decided to pick up where we left of last time and that was on the Holy Ghost.  At first things were going alright.  We asked Tom a simple question about the H.G. and he answered that question for a good 10-15 minutes.  When we finally got thing back on track and we were starting to bring in the spirit, the phone rang......this always happens and it's quite annoying.  Well sadly the phone call was a bearer of bad news and what little we had of the spirit in the room just vanished like that.  So we tried to bring it back again, but we were uncessfull.  From that experience i could tell that the adversary was trying really hard to keep the spirit from being there and I must say he did a pretty good job at it, but that doesn’t change anything :) we will just go to Tom's house again and hope that the environment will be better this go around.  But the cool thing is that Tom needed to hear about the H.G. and how he can help us through our trials and make things seams a bit lighter then they were before.  So all in all i would say that it was still a successful visit :).  Well that’s pretty much all the excitement ive had this week.  I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!


Alright so yes I am staying in Bristol and so is elder P. :) so pretty much no new changes this transfer and I’m ok with that.  So my mom has asked me for this month to put something up about luck with the Holy Ghost.  So I’m going to do the best that I can this month to see if I can pull something off every week to tell you about.  So this week I had something in mind, not really sure if it was luck or not but it was still a simple but interesting thing that happened.  So like i said it was pretty simple.  E. P and i were having personally study one day and when we finished we went into comp study.  Well most missionaries talk a little bit about what they studied and try to learn from one another.  Anyway I was reading in Alma somewhere I believe and it was on being forgiving of our sins, and E. P was reading something about committing sins and how they can condemn us.  Those two tings were exactly what we needed to teach Tim and Carol that day and it was just kind of cool to think that we were both prompted to study those two different topics so that we would be prepared that day to teach :) so that’s the story I have for you this week.  So what happened this week, well WE GOT BROTHER ARDIBONI TO CHURCH.....AND HIS WIFE!!!!  It was pretty epic actually.  We went over there Sunday morning and said Brother Ardibonie....your coming to church today.  He gave a couple of excuses like I don’t know where my clothing is, then his wife said o it’s in the closet haha.  He said a couple other things as well but finally he just said "Ah the heck with it I might as well give up and go" lol anyway it was really awesome and great to see him at church.  He hasn't been to church in about 5 years I think so that was a great accomplishment for E. P and I :).  Let’s see what else happened....so I just realized that I have me new planner on me so I don’t remember what happened lat week haha, o well :).  O ya so the other day I made a dinner for one of our members who just had surgery on her spine, she had a ruptured disc so she has been in a lot of pain lately, but the surgery went well.  Anyway I made her chicken and rice and just to let my mom know what kind it was, I used the breading that you sent with me when I left on my mish.  It was pretty good :) not as good as my mom makes it but what the heck I think I did a pretty good job :) well i think that it for now :) i love you all and i hope you have a great week!

Well there you go :) love you all have a great week!
--
Love
Elder Camron Foust

No comments:

Post a Comment