Monday, April 2, 2012

4th & last conference‏

Why hello there everybody.  So Saturday and Sunday as most of you know was conference weekend.  This weekend for missionaries usually goes by pretty fast because our days are planned out for use.  Basically we wake up, study go to the church, watch the first session, eat lunch, watch the second session, eat dinner, then either visit a family or go to priesthood meeting if it's Saturday, and call it a day pretty much.  I don’t remember what the talks were about, but I remember that I really enjoyed the ones that Bednar and Holland gave in the priesthood meeting and then all the ones that had to deal with the family.  I've been thinking about family a lot lately and I’m really not sure why that is could be cuz im going to be home soon or it could be because I’m thinking of my future family.  Whatever the reason those were the talks that stood out to me.  So this last Wednesday we had out Zone meeting.  This is where the entire Zone gets together and we have a Zone wide meeting that runs like District meeting, but with the zone.  We talked a lot about finding and how to be better teachers when it comes to teaching out members.  During the meeting we were getting interviewed by Prez. Evans.  That day E. P. and I were going on tours with the Zone Leaders.  E. Yim came to Bristol with me and E. P. went to East Hartford.  E. Yim and I were roommates when I was in Cambridge so it was cool serving with him for a day.  Thursday I was with E. Yim till around 4 p.m. We did some Service in the morning with Tim, and then went street contacting for a little bit before we had to drive up to East Hartford to switch back.  For service this week it's been pretty normal.  We helped brother Moore again, getting wood from his back yard so we can start cutting it this week.  We also helped a non member family cut and stack some of their wood also.  Their names are Bob and Karen.  They were taking the lessons before, but they didn’t like the face that missionary's get moved around so they stopped investigating.  We go there from time to time and help them out, usually in the summer though.  They have 4 German shepherds, one of them being a puppy that is only 11 weeks old I believe :) he is pretty cute to say the least.  I got asked the other day by a member what one thing I really miss about home is and i told her that I miss my dogs quite a lot.  So anytime we go to somebody's house and they have a dog :) I get pretty excited and play with the dog for a minute.  So it's April already and I just switched the calendar that Lyndi gave me last November again.  Pretty crazy that it's April, March just flew by.  I will be hitting 20 months in the field here pretty soon and i will be considered an "Old" missionary haha!  Pretty funny i think.  Well i believe that is all i have to say for now :) so i hope you all have a great week!

--
Love
Elder Camron Foust

No comments:

Post a Comment