Monday, May 9, 2011

Glass flowers

Hello everybody :) so my b-day was good. Not a whole lot went down like it normally would back home, but we did have a good time. So we had an appointment with this Jewish Mormon, haha ya weird but that's what she is, anyway after our lesson she took us to a museum for a couple of hours which was fun. We were able to see some Glass flowers

 that looked so real you would never believe that they were made from glass. Then we saw some minerals and rocks and gems and what not, not too terribly exciting but some of the rocks they had were pretty cool. Then we went to the other side and there were a lot of ancient stuff of the Americans. So that was pretty cool to see what kind of houses they lived in and what tools they used and stuff like that. So that was my b-day for the most part other then that we talked to random people and gave out some Book or Mormons. So this is kinda cool and weird at the same time. So I have been having a really hard time talking to random people on the streets or at their doors since the beginning of my mission. After my b-day and actually this started on my b-day, i have been able to gain the courage to actually stop and offer people stuff. Also while I'm on the subway or buses I can get myself to ask people questions and start talking to them about the gospel. I'm not sure why I have been able to do this a lot easier ever since my b-day, but I have been and I'm grateful for that. I've been feeling like I wasn't helping my comp out at all with talking to people most of my mission, but not i feel like I'm doing a lot better at that and I'm sure I will be able to get some good stories out of it now :) so that's a plus and then when I get home hopefully I won't be the shy boy that i was when it came to meeting new people! Anyway I hope you all had a wonderful mother's day and that you all have a wonderful week! School is almost out which means I've almost been out 9 MONTHS!!!! Chat with ya soon!

Love
Elder Camron Foust

No comments:

Post a Comment