Thursday, May 19, 2011

Word of Wisdom

Well I completely forgot to tell everybody that this week was transferred  week, but I think I forgot because I was pretty certain that I was actually going to stay for once, well.................Yup I’m staying go figure eh :) anyway I'm still in Somerville Mass walking everywhere and attempting to approach people on the street, bus, or train.  Things have gone good so far this week and Avinash is progressing well.  I really don't remember if I told you about him last week but I don't think I did.  So he is from India and was pretty much an atheist when we meet him to an extent I guess.  I think he had a belief in God but was really not sure.  Since then (Last Saturday) we have meet with him all but two days so that's 9 times :) he came to church both Sundays and enjoyed it very much both times.  He quite drinking alcohol cold turkey and he dumped 7 pints of beer down the drain :) E. Hunter and I were both pretty excited when he told us that.  The night before he did and we taught him about the Word of Wisdom we challenged him to dump it all, but he said that he didn’t have enough belief in his self that he would be able to just stop.  So I had the though for him to put his liquor, that was on one of his tables, away so that is was "out of sight out of mind" then the next day he told us that he had the thought to just dump it all down the drain so he did :).   So far we have taught him all of the lessons except for lesson 4 which is all of the commandments, so we have taught him about half of lesson 4 I should say.  It's been raining all this week and been kind of a damper on the work, nobody want to talk when there getting rained on!  Dangit :) o well we do the best we can and it gives us an excuse to just sit on the train instead of walking everywhere.  I will be getting a new comp tomorrow and I will let you all know how I like him from the few days that I will know him on Monday :) I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week and enjoy your self's SCHOOL IS ALMOST OVER.  Not that that really matters to me, but in a way it does :) Love you all and have a great day!

Love
Elder Camron Foust

No comments:

Post a Comment