Monday, June 20, 2011

1st baptism

HELLO EVERYBODY!!!! So yesterday was quite the day. First off I was able to listen to two of God's apostles. President Paker and President Eyring. It was awesome you could feel their spirit the second they entered into the building. It was an amazing experience to be able to listen to them in person and funny thing I noticed is that they sound the exact same in person as they do when I watch conference haha. After the dedication I had the privilege to start filling up the font and have the first baptism in the newly dedicated building! Funny story to this though. So at 1 we started filling up the font and then we had to wait there because we didnt know how long it was going to take to till it up because nobody has ever used it. So about 345 we realized that the font was only about half way filled so we started running around everywhere trying to figure out what we needed to do to get it filled in 15 minutes before the baptism started! So we found a bucket and a faucet and started filling up the bucket's and throwing the water into the font. E. Lystryp asked me to go turn up the heat because the water was soo cold. As I turned up what I thought was the heat I heard the water pressure pick up, and I just started laughing my butt off. I just thought "WOW I'm an idiot, I should have know there was a way to turn up the pressure". Haha so after that I told E. Lystryp that were good we can let it run for another 30 minutes and it will be full enough by the time we actually perform the baptism itself. It was a funny/good experience and one for the books for sure. So Avinash asked me to be the one to baptism him and I was honored that he asked me to do that for him. So for the past week I was practicing his name, Avinash Kumar Reede Palicharla (I probably butchered the spelling but w/e rite?) I didn't mess up :) I was proud of myself for sure I was scared that his name was going to mess me up, but I was able to say what needed said and I dunked him and it only took one dunk :) so for my first ever performance of a baptism I felt like it went really well and I enjoyed it a lot. I was really excited to perform it and let me tell you this, it is a WAY different experience being the person performing the baptism then it is being a spectator. It seems so much faster as the performer and so simpler but it was amazing I felt way good and I enjoyed it a lot :)







So that was my day yesterday. The rest of the week went well and wut not. Saturday we were able to help out Bishop again and we moved out two tubs so that they can be replaced and we took apart some of the floor in one of the bathrooms that are getting re-done. But like I said it was a good week for the most part not too short and not too long :) I hope you all have an amazing week!

No comments:

Post a Comment