Monday, September 12, 2011

I know something happened....

Hello there everybody :) so what happened this week....well like it says in the title I know something happened but I don't remember!!!! this gets frustrating sometime but luckily I have my planner with me and that just might help me remember some things :). O so on Wednesday it was E. Pestana's 20th B-day. It was pretty good I believe for him anyway haha. The day is self was fairly normal but we were able to go out for lunch with Jack Danial's! Awesome name huh haha he is a really cool guy. He is 85 years old and has a good amount of money to say the least. Whenever he signs up to feed us he always takes us out to a restaurant because he says "you guys always get fed homemade dinners and never taken out so I believe that you would like to be taken out every now and again so whenever you need a dinner let me know and I will take you out for lunch or dinner your choice". He's an awesome guy to say the least. Once cool thing that he does is he drives from Mass all the way to Utah for Pioneer Day. Anyway for dinner we went to the Cimmino's house. They are recent converts of about a year and they are really awesome. She use to be a Jew, as well as her kids, but now they are members. The only down fall is her husband is still a diehard Catholic, but that's alright, it's better than nothing. O so on Tuesday we were trying to find less active members and we came to this restaurant. This person was supposed to live above the restaurant. So we called the number that we had for her and the people from the restaurant answered the call and they told us that she wasn't there. So E. Pestana walked over to the car and got another phone number and when he put the phone up to his ear he felt something hit his head. I was just walking over and just started laughing cuz he moved his hand through his hair and this black stuff was all over his hand and i just knew that a bird took aim and pooped rite on his head! haha it was pretty funny. We ended up going to a hair salon where Michel (a member) works at and got his hair washed. just before we were going to leave the manager of the place (who is also a member) asked if we wanted to go give a blessing to somebody. So we said sure sounds good. We ended up going to this persons place gave her a blessing and taught her a bit about the gospel, and got a return appointment with her :). So the moral of the story is, because God sent a bird to poop on E. Pestans head we got a referral and a now potential investigator haha :) just imagine God up there going Hey Jesus, Joseph, Elias, Come see what I'm about to do :). Yes he most defiantly has a sense of humor. So that was the highlight of the week I must say. O so this past Friday, was my year mark for entering the mission field :) I was going to call my trainer, Elder Jones, and say high but I never got around to it. So those were the highlights of the week for you :). It was a slow week when it comes to teaching people, but that's alright. We were able to teach a couple progressing investigators, but the main one that we are working with is Cida Rebas. I can't really tell you much about her, not because it is confidential but because she only speaks Portuguese. All i know is that we are having trouble getting her to church because she doesn't think that it is important so we aka E. Pestana is working on that. Well i hope you are all having a wonderful life and hare enjoying everything you do. I'll chat with you all soon!!!!!



Love

Elder Camron Foust

No comments:

Post a Comment