Monday, September 26, 2011

New area, Comp, Transfer!

Hello everybody! So haha alright I got a few funny things to tell all of you if I can remember them all! So first of all I was start with last Thursday. So driving to transfer meeting. As were headed to the meeting, we get on this highway and there is a traffic jam, go fig rite. So 30 minutes or so of this I get fed up with it so I tell my GPS to take a detour. It told me to get off the highway turn around and pretty much get onto the other side so I could start driving the other direction. As I'm going on the Up ramp on the other side, I found out that I was going a tad bit too fast and this turn was a lot sharper then I originally thought it was. So I slowed down and turned the wheels but I was still going a bit faster then I should have been and the car went into a drift!!! IT WAS SOO COOL!!! after I corrected myself and got the car going strait again I thought to myself "why did you do that you still had a good 50+ Ft of drifting left you could have done" but it was probably for the better then I didn't try and keep drifting, o and it was raining so that's why I was able to go into a slide. After that we were at the meeting itself and they were announcing the new companions. They called E. Lystrup and some other guy. The other elder started looking around and was pretty confused as to where his new comp was so he kept looking on the Right side of him then he finally decided to look to the Left and BAM E. Lystrup was one person away from him. His body kind of shook and was a bit surprised and you could tell that he felt a bit awkward and everybody ended up laughing after that happened :) it was pretty funny. Alright let's see that was Thursday, I'm not completely sure if anything too funny happened on Friday or not. Anyway moving on to Saturday.......WE HAD A BAPTISM! So Saturday Sandy got baptized. Now I really don't know anything about Sandy other then she is in her 60's and makes a good truffle. O and on Saturday mornings we do a service for this ranch type of deal where handicap children and amputees come to ride horses for 30-60 minutes. We are there to either lead the horse or stand on the side to keep the people from falling off :) it was really cool and I'm excited that we get to do a service that is so unique. Heck I might even come home knowing how to work with horses a lot better then I did when I came out, which wasn't that great ;) but good enough that I know how to act around horses for the most part :). Sunday was church and it was testimony meeting because of conference this up coming weekend. So there was this black women that started walking up and before she even got to the pulpit she started singing and clapping!!! It was pretty cool to say the least and it sounds like that happens all the time! So it was pretty unique and her testimony was a very good one after she finished her song :) it was a pretty cool experience for sure. So those are the experiences that I have to tell you for this week.

As for the new area, I'm enjoying it a lot considering I have only been here for about 4 days give or take. I am serving in North Brookfield and it is quite in the sticks to say the least, but i like it a lot :). I dislike the city feeling and i love the sticks feeling, so i am a lot happier out here because of the environment that i am in :). It's nice not feeling like you are cramped and have things all around you at all times. There are only about 85 active members in my new branch, but the all act like there one big happy family. E. Clark told me that they all know everything about everybody and love them all just the same and help everybody out as best they can. This Sunday when i was there i found that to be quite true. Everybody was just chit chatting away and moved from person to person, and i have never had soo many people come up to me and say hello, i was taken back for a minute and didn't really know how to act cuz i was so surprised! So these past couple of days have been quite nice for me :). My new comp, E. Clark, is quite an awesome guy. he is easy to get along with and he has an amazing talent of being able to make up songs on the piano with lyrics. Well i think that's about all i have to tell you for this time around :) have a blessed week and SAY YOUR MORNING PRAYERS!!!!! (maybe if i say you all need to it will help me be able to do that as well haha) Love you all ;)!!!!

Love

Elder Camron Foust

No comments:

Post a Comment